Avocados are considered a healthy and nutritious fruit. They are easy to prepare, versatile, juicy, filling and delicious. Still, besides eating them regularly, it is interesting to know the advantages of an avocado hair mask.
Avocado’s nutritional potential is felt in the body from the inside. It cares for us by providing essential nutrients (did you know that this fruit can also stimulate collagen production?), and it provides antioxidant benefits that help protect the skin from external aggressions and prevent premature ageing.
As a result of a diet that includes avocado, you can obtain softer, smoother, acne-free skin. Add the benefits of its topical use, applied to skin and hair. You will see how the positive effects multiply: it minimises wrinkles and expression lines on the face, adds shine and elasticity to the hair and allows you to enjoy a younger, healthier appearance.
Imagine the power of its fatty acids and vitamins. Introducing this fruit into your beauty routine can bring about visible changes in a short time and a sustained improvement in the health of your hair.
Avocado hair mask formula
The benefits of avocados are not just limited to your skin; they also extend to your hair. Thanks to its essential vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants, it makes hair more nourished, soft and protected.
- Hydration, shine and nourishment. The fatty acids in avocados provide moisture and help bind the cuticles together, making the hair look shinier by reflecting light better. Thanks to its supply of vitamins A, D, E and B6, which also help to keep frizz at bay.
- Growth. The high nutritional value of avocados, with proteins, vitamins and minerals, but especially one of its components, biotin, boost growth, preventing hair loss and strengthening it.
- Protection. Because of its high content of amino acids, magnesium, folic acid, copper, and iron, nourish it with essential components to maintain its health and prevent deterioration.
- Anti-hair loss. Avocados’ fatty acids, proteins, minerals, and vitamins help repair, revitalise, and rejuvenate hair.
- Anti-dandruff. Avocados help to reduce inflammation of the scalp and repair and rejuvenation. They also stimulate dormant hair follicles.
Ingredients needed to prepare the mask
The avocado hair mask can boost the positive effects of this fruit by combining one unit (preferably of ripe avocado) with other natural ingredients, such as any of these of your choice:
- Honey: to boost shine, rejuvenate and prevent moisture loss.
- Olive oil: to moisturise, soften and promote hair growth.
- Coconut oil: for intense repair, from the inside out. Also effective for reducing frizz and moisturising.
- Aloe vera: to condition, repair damage and reduce hair loss.
How to apply the avocado hair mask, step by step
- Choose the ingredients to be applied together with the avocado.
- Mash the avocado until there are no lumps and the mixture looks homogeneous.
- Add the extra ingredient (previously mashed or processed) and mix enough to achieve consistency and tone.
- Apply the mixture to the hair and scalp.
- Apply some avocado hair masks to the ends of the hair.
- Cover with a shower cap or cling film.
- Leave on for half an hour.
- Rinse hair with cold water.
- Proceed to wash with the usual cleansing products (if possible, they should be products without parabens or silicones so that the effectiveness and duration of the mask are more significant).
- Finish by applying the conditioner.
The avocado hair mask can be applied weekly or every two weeks. Especially in the case of the one containing aloe vera, extending this margin to half a month is advisable.
Effects of an avocado hair mask
After applying the avocado hair mask, the hair feels more moisturised, supple and shiny. This fact is the most immediate consequence. When this care routine is integrated into your habits, continuity brings extra benefits, such as hair that grows faster, looks more vital, falls out less and where there is no trace of problems such as frizz, dryness or split ends.
Boost the benefits of avocado with silica
It is possible to boost these benefits with other natural products, such as silicon. By incorporating supplements, such as Silicium’s G7 Beauty, into your diet, you can maximise the positive effects of natural hair masks and extend them to your nails and skin.
Silica is the ideal complement to avocado in your diet and care routines as it acts on the skin, restructuring and moisturising, slowing down the ageing process while reducing the appearance of blemishes. Also, it hardens nails and boosts nail growth and strengthens hair, preventing breakage and loss.
G7 Beauty is enriched with vitamin E and selenium in an exclusive formula that protects against oxidative damage to the body.