Do you use jojoba oil? If so, you must already know some of the benefits of this product, although you may not yet be aware of all its properties and benefits. Not surprisingly, it is a highly appreciated ingredient used in natural cosmetic products. If you haven’t tried it yet, we invite you to discover a true liquid gold, ideal for all skin and hair types.
Integrate jojoba oil into your beauty routines and glow!
What is jojoba oil?
Jojoba oil is a natural product extracted from the seeds of the Simmondsia Chinensis shrub, which is native to the southwestern United States and northern Mexico.
This oil was already used by the Aztecs in pre-Columbian times, who knew of its virtues for soothing skin irritations and moisturizing the skin and hair.
How is jojoba oil obtained?
Jojoba oil is extracted using a cold-pressing technique that preserves all its properties and makes it one of the most popular oils in the production of many cosmetics such as massage oils, face and body moisturizers, and make-up remover lotions, hair conditioners, and after-shave creams.
Composition of jojoba oil
Although we refer to this product as an oil, it is a fluid wax similar to the oil in our skin. Its main components are:
- Ceramides. Ceramides are lipids (fats) that form part of the plasma membrane of our cells. They line the epidermis and are essential for maintaining healthy, moisturized skin, as they act as cement that holds cells together, keeping dryness at bay. Jojoba oil contains 97% ceramides very similar to those found in human skin.
- Vitamin E. It has antioxidant and protective action against free radicals that accelerate skin aging. Repairs cell membranes and acts in the cell renewal process improving skin tone and texture.
- Linoleic acid. This is an essential fatty acid of the omega 6 series. It maintains the epidermal barrier by preventing water loss and maintaining skin elasticity.
Properties and benefits of jojoba oil
Here are the properties and benefits of jojoba oil for skin and hair, don’t miss out on the details! :
- Provides firmness and elasticity to the skin. Its richness in essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid and vitamin E contributes to the synthesis of collagen and, therefore, keeps the skin firm and elastic.
- Protects and softens the skin. Its composition helps to preserve the skin’s natural moisture, giving it a silky texture. Thanks to its richness in vitamin E, it helps to attenuate stretch marks and scars and prevents skin oxidation by neutralizing free radicals. Include it in your summer facial beauty routine and protect your skin from the effects of the sun and other seasonal factors.
- Suitable for all skin types. A very important point is that this oil is effective on oily and acne-prone skin as well as on dry skin thanks to its moisturizing power. Its sebum-regulating efficacy provides just the right amount of moisture without clogging pores; it regulates water loss, repairing the skin barrier and providing smoothness. Its antiseptic and astringent properties prevent and combat skin infections.
- It has a soothing action that relieves eczema and psoriasis by reducing scaling and itching. By preserving skin moisture and preventing dryness and flaking, it is a common ingredient in sunscreen products.
- Strengthens and nourishes hair. Jojoba oil is a natural conditioner for the hair, giving it shine and softness and nourishing it from the roots without clogging the follicles. It is important to protect the hair by adopting year-round hair care habits, especially in summer, when it is most damaged.
- It balances sebum production through its ability to regulate sebum secretion and prevent it from being deposited in the hair follicles and clogging them, thus also helping to prevent hair loss when hair loss is due to excess oil.
- Combats dermatitis and psoriasis of the scalp. As with the skin, the hair also benefits from the antibacterial and antifungal properties of jojoba oil.
Jojoba oil: a natural treasure for your skin and hair
Every golden drop of jojoba oil is a jewel for your skin and hair. Its pleasant non-sticky texture and pleasant scent make it very easy to use.
To enhance the benefits of jojoba oil, we recommend the firming pack made up of two products: Silicium Serum + Essential Elixir. Its composition is based on organic silica, a fundamental element in the synthesis of collagen and elastin, which regenerates the skin and reduces the depth of wrinkles.
Include this combination in your beauty habits and enjoy all its benefits, you will notice the difference!