You’ve probably heard about the benefits of exercise in general, for motivation, endorphins and blood circulation, but maybe you’ve never thought about facial exercises. You are not alone. Not many people tone their face with a specific workout. And not doing so is a mistake, as exercising in this area has interesting benefits for your health and appearance.
Since every muscle in the body is designed to move, it makes sense that your face, which also has muscles, should be trained. Practice can help you:
1. Slow down the ageing process.
2. Relieve tension.
3. Tone the muscles of the face.
A recent study reveals that regular facial exercises improve certain facial features, such as cheek fullness, while helping to minimise the signs of ageing.
Why do you need facial gymnastics?
Facial exercises make you feel good just like any other sport, and this is already a good reason to consider facial gymnastics.
In addition, facial exercises have the potential to reverse the signs of ageing by enlarging and strengthening the muscles of the face, so that the face becomes firmer, more toned and shaped like a younger face.
Although results will depend on the individual, it is recommended that you do 30 minutes of facial exercises every day for 20 weeks to take years off.
Combat sagging and drooping of the face
Facial exercises can reduce sagging by counteracting the effects of skin loosening and thinning of the fat pads under the skin. Did you know that as these pads thin, they slip, contributing to further sagging?
But if the muscle underneath gets bigger, the skin has more padding underneath and that firmness gained from training makes the shape of the face more defined.
Wrinkles: getting rid of one of the most frequent problems on the face
For those who prefer to skip invasive treatments such as injections and lasers, facial exercises may be the natural choice for maintaining firm skin all over the face. As with any exercise, the different movements target different muscles, and consistency is key.
By exercising the different areas of the face, blood circulation increases, which helps to keep the skin cells young. This means that they do not lose their elasticity so quickly, thus minimising the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Facial exercises to help you fix x signs of ageing
Getting rid of a double chin
These quick facial exercises ensure that firmness returns to this area. To tone the neck, chin and jaw area you only need:
– Sit upright, in the most comfortable position.
– Look up at the ceiling and tilt your head completely backwards.
– Keeping the head still, touch the palate with the tongue. You should feel a certain tension in the neck due to the contraction of the muscles.
– Return the chin down to its normal position.
– Repeat this movement five times, each time for 25 to 30 seconds of holding the tongue.
Raise the eyebrows and restore their original position.
A brow lift helps to enhance brows and keep them in place. Ageing and everyday gestures can cause eyebrows to droop, but with a few simple steps, you can prevent this. All you need to do is practice these steps:
– Put your index and middle fingers together.
– Place them just above the eyebrows and push the skin down.
– Try to make the eyebrows go up and down by adding tension with the fingers in a downward direction.
– Do six sets with 10 eyebrow raises and dips per set.
Droopy eyelids, crow’s feet, eye bags and puffiness are some of the problems that come to this area of the face with age. Fortunately, there are some simple facial exercises that reverse the effects of ageing. Follow these simple steps to gently tone your eye area:
– Place your index and middle fingers in a ‘V’ shape over your eyes.
– Press and hold both middle fingers together at the inner corner of your eyebrows. With your index fingers, apply pressure to the outer edges of your brows.
– Look up at the ceiling and lift the lower eyelids upwards to make a strong squint.
– Relax the area again after achieving this.
– Do this movement at least six more times and finish the series by closing your eyes tightly for 10 seconds.
Fighting lines and wrinkles in the under eye region
These lines are ageing and detract from your eyes, but you can get rid of them. Don’t worry if you can’t wink, as the facial exercises only require you to partially close your eyes:
– Hold the wink or partial wink for one second.
– Make sure you are in contact with all the muscles around the eye that is closed before slowly opening it.
– Repeat 20-25 times once a day.
Smooth, supple skin brings back lost youthful charm. You can plump up your skin by lifting the creases around your nose. It’s a simple technique that involves a lot of smiling – want to know how to do it? It is one of the most addictive facial exercises:
– Start by smiling as broadly as you can.
– Press the folds between the nose and lips with your fingertips.
– Lift the cheek muscles while pressing down to create resistance.
– Repeat for two to three minutes, alternating the exercise with well-spaced breaks.
Many people want to get sharper definition in their cheekbones to make their face look more youthful and attractive. Anyone can achieve this with these simple steps:
– Join the index and middle fingers of each hand and place them on each cheekbone.
– Gently lift the skin until it is slightly taut.
– Open the mouth to form an oval ‘O’; there will be resistance in the cheek muscles.
– Hold for five seconds.
– Repeat these steps 10-15 times.
Removing forehead wrinkles
The forehead is one of the first places where wrinkles appear, but a single exercise can get rid of them immediately. The best thing about this exercise is that you can do it anywhere without making funny faces. Of course, you need to bring out your acting chops and make a surprised face:
– Act surprised.
– Hold the expression for a few seconds.
– Open your eyes as much as possible.
– Repeat 8 to 10 times a day.
If you want to sculpt your face to enhance your features, this is the way to do it. Sagging disappears and is transformed into definition. You can achieve this by following these instructions:
– Tilt the head fully back.
– Bring the chin forward, making sure not to strain the neck too much.
– Suck in the cheeks (making a fish face).
– Hold for 10 to 15 sets with five seconds of “fish face” in each round.
Facial exercises are not enough…
It is true, to notice earlier and longer lasting results, this gymnastics must be complemented by proper nutrition and good choices ranging from using sun protection to focusing on beauty and care products based on natural ingredients.
When you decide to start your new facial training routines, you can support your efforts with supplements such as G7 Beauty, which, in addition to the skin, cares for your hair and nails thanks to its composition rich in Silica, Selenium and Vitamin E. And, to increase the feeling of well-being that exercise gives you, apply Silicium Rosehip Silicium Serum and elixir, which moisturise and combat the signs of ageing, multiplying the positive effect of the facial exercises.
There are no comments yet
Leave a comment