Noticing the first signs of frizz in our hair leads us to look for ways to eliminate frizz. This is a deterioration of hair health that causes our hair to lose strength and shine. Frizz makes the hair look dull and lifeless. Tangled hair, cut hair and the softness that was once visible to the naked eye is no longer noticeable.
Frizzy hair is coarse to the touch, rough to the eye, unkempt; and the problem is that its causes not only affect the appearance and presence of the hair, but are also related to our overall health.
Frizzy hair is also a sign of weak hair, but fortunately it can be treated using natural remedies.
The causes behind the appearance of frizz are heterogeneous and can also combine with each other. Environmental factors, genetic origin, personal habits and health disorders all come into play, resulting in dehydrated hair, a flaky scalp, split ends or hair breakage, among other consequences.
– Static electricity.
– Exposure to pollutants.
– Porous hair.
– Tendency to dryness.
– Thick strands.
– Hormonal disorders.
– Stress and anxiety.
– Use of chemicals for hygiene and care.
– Abuse of heat tools.
– Chemical based dyes.
– Excessive hair washing.
– Use of hair extensions.
– Inadequate diet leading to lack of nutrients.
– Excessive blow-drying or too vigorous towel drying of hair.
In addition to the coarseness, dullness and unhealthy appearance of hair, there are other signs that can make us think about how to get rid of frizz, when we discover that we suffer from frizz. These are hair dullness, weakness, split ends and loss of density.
There are different ways to solve this problem. If you want to know how to get rid of frizz, the first thing to do is to review your habits and choices, and take note of these tips:
1. Avoid washing your hair more frequently than a couple of times or three times a week.
2. Allow the hair to air dry, minimising the use of a hairdryer and towel.
3. Choose products based on natural ingredients for the hair.
4. Make sure your diet includes all the nutrients your hair needs (silica is one of them).
In addition, you can control frizzy hair with the following home remedies:
– Homemade anti-frizz mask with coconut oil. Choose an organic coconut oil and apply it to your hair, leaving it on for at least three quarters of an hour. Then you can proceed to wash and rinse. You’ll be amazed at the conditioning power of coconut.
– Homemade mayonnaise mask to eliminate frizz. This is the most traditional and tried and tested remedy. You can buy ready-made mayonnaise or make it at home by mixing one egg, 200 ml of vegetable oil and a splash of lemon juice or vinegar. Apply the mayonnaise with a light massage, which helps the ingredients to penetrate the hair fibres. Versions of this mask can also be made using only some of the ingredients, such as olive oil or egg whites. The nourishment provided by these ingredients will be noticeable in shinier, more supple hair.
– Apple cider vinegar against frizzy hair. Heat a litre of water and add 75 ml of this vinegar when it is lukewarm. Leave it on your hair for a few minutes, then rinse with cold water. You will notice that your hair regains its natural balance thanks to the alpha hydroxy acids it contains.
In addition to these three natural remedies, those who know how to get rid of frizz use other masks, alternating them with each other for a more complete effect. Some of the most popular ones include warm herbal oils, aloe vera, honey and yoghurt or avocado.
It is important to find out what the main cause of frizz is. If it is dryness, you should opt for solutions that are more oriented towards nourishing and moisturising; if it is pollutants and chemicals, repairing; and if it is excessive moisture, conditioning and balancing.
Finally, we must not forget that when the hair suffers and its appearance warns us that there is a problem, the scalp is also affected. The skin is the largest organ we have and any setback that detracts from its well-being must be taken into account.
After all, healthy hair starts from the inside. That is why, in addition to habits, it is important to follow a balanced diet. Vitamin E, silica, calcium, vitamins A and C, biotin, zinc, iron and folic acid are some of the nutrients that should not be missing. Sometimes, it is difficult to obtain them all through food and, to avoid deficiencies, it is advisable to resort to supplements.
Silicium G7 Beauty capsules help you achieve your goal, ensuring healthy, strong and flexible hair, without frizz; also providing benefits to skin and nails. Don’t wait to try it and you will notice the change for the better.