Are you looking for home remedies for dry and damaged hair? Hair breakage is a fairly common phenomenon that most of us experience at some point in our lives. Fortunately, there are ways to combat it. But first, you need to identify the breakage and find out what could be causing it.
Obtaining this information helps us develop the proper prevention and repair plan.
You can start by answering questions such as:
- Have hair straighteners and other heat styling tools been abused?
- Has the bleach been left on the hair for too long?
- Are hair products with chemical ingredients used?
These are all critical questions to ask before analysing what broken hair looks like. Those that appear broken usually tend to be about the length of the rest of the hair, with a small white bulb at the end.
If you notice that loose hair is shorter and your strands feel drier and more brittle than usual, breakage may occur. Damaged hair tends to be shorter with frayed ends, drier and more frizzy than usual.
If the hair does not appear well hydrated or elastic or does not have a shiny and intact cuticle layer, it is not entirely healthy, and it is necessary to look for home remedies for dry and damaged hair.
Home remedies for dry and damaged hair
There are several ways to deal with hair breakage at home, such as using supplements, avoiding certain hairstyles and using moisturising products. However, it all depends on the cause of your breakage.
Vitamins for hair
For example, if inadequate nutrition is the cause, getting the right vitamins back into the diet may be helpful. It is vital to include B vitamins, D vitamins and ferritin.
The best-known vitamin that can contribute to healthy hair growth is vitamin B, also known as biotin. Next in importance are organic silicon, zinc, iron and selenium as the essential nutrients in the diet to maintain strong and healthy hair.
New habits to improve hair health
Other times, it is a matter of avoiding certain styling practices. If you have been using hot tools a lot, colouring your hair, or applying a chemical straightener or keratin treatment (with formaldehyde), you may need to take a break to get your hair back to health.
Adjust the frequency of hair washing
The frequency of washing depends on the individual, although it is not recommended to wash more than two or three times a week, even if you have oily hair, as this will damage it and strip it of its natural oils. On the contrary, infrequent washing can build care product residues, dead cells and even germs that harm the hair.
In addition to frequency, it is essential to choose natural products and make sure that the selected formula is the most suitable for the hair’s needs.
How to prevent hair health problems with natural ingredients
Natural ingredients are the best home remedies for dry and damaged hair to restore hair health and avoid damage.
Depending on your habits and preferences, and also taking into account the result you want to achieve, many recipes can work, such as these:
- Repair damage caused by the sun, chlorine and salt spray in summer with avocado. Mash the fruit into a creamy paste that will give your hair the vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids it needs to regain vitality and suppleness. Leave on for a maximum of half an hour, and then rinse.
- Shinier hair without split ends. One knob of butter is enough to take care of dry hair. After massaging the entire surface to be treated, leave it on while covering it with a cotton towel or shower cap. After 15 minutes, the excess is removed, and the hair is washed and rinsed.
- Prevent hair breakage with olive oil. This effective remedy consists of using this vegetable oil as a conditioner. Its effect is even more visible if it is slightly warmed before application and left to act for three-quarters of an hour before rinsing.
- Hair colour enriched with tea. In addition to drinking it to boost beauty from within, something we already told you about when we talked about the benefits of chamomile, it is a good idea to incorporate a specific tea for each hair (green tea for lighter hair, red tea for copper and black tea for darker browns and brunettes). It is essential to select the shade most similar to your hair. To choose it, brew it with boiling water and see what colour you get.You can try other home remedies for dry and damaged hair by applying natural ingredients such as apple cider vinegar, egg, essential oils or coconut oil.
Its properties benefit the hair and scalp, which can be boosted by incorporating silicon into the diet. There are many advantages of silicon in preventing problems of dryness, hair loss or deterioration, as it can stimulate the synthesis of collagen and elastin. At the same time, its contribution improves the condition of skin and nails. Silicon promotes the functioning of fibroblasts, keratinocytes, dermis cells, and hair follicles, making it a powerful anti-ageing weapon.
Many do not know that silicon not only gives hair vitality but also reduces the greasy appearance of hair. Its best quality is that it delays the signs of ageing inside and out. If you want to start noticing the change for the better, you can incorporate Silicium G7 Beauty into your diet.