Horsetail is one of the plants with the most medicinal properties that you can find in the herbalist’s shop. Among many other problems, taking infusions of this plant can help with fluid retention, kidney or bladder stones, and urinary disorders.
The use of this plant is becoming more and more common, and it is very easy to find them in supermarkets and supermarkets. The list of symptoms, pains, and pathologies that horsetail infusions can alleviate is very extensive and at the same time unknown to many of us. For this reason, we have prepared a list that will help you to know everything that horsetail infusions are capable of doing for you:
- They have great depurative and diuretic properties, making them an ideal complement to diets aimed at cleansing the body, eliminating fluid retention, or losing weight.
- They contain a high level of silica, which makes them an important source of cell regeneration and cell boosting. They are, therefore, one of the best resources you can find in the herbalist’s shop to repair damaged tissues.
The properties of horsetail infusions are as numerous as they are varied and act in very different areas of our organism. Among the many benefits this plant has for our health, the following stand out:
- Eliminates seasonal fatigue: our bodies are altered by changes in climate, timetables, and seasons. For this reason, it is highly recommended to take horsetail infusions, especially during the spring.
Thanks to this plant, you will be able to reduce your levels of tiredness or mild anemia. It is also an infusion that is a perfect ally in times of convalescence.
- Natural diuretic: horsetail infusions are ideal for eliminating fluid retention problems and removing toxins from the liver or kidneys. Containing silica, horsetail infusions reduce the concentration of aluminum in these organs, which can affect the central nervous system, causing delirium and neurological problems.
- Relieves symptoms of cystitis, urethritis, nephritis, and various genitourinary conditions: thanks to its diuretic properties, horsetail infusions also help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Effective anti-inflammatory in cases of osteoarthritis, gout, and arthritis: its great detoxifying power makes horsetail a safe and effective ingredient for treating rheumatic problems and excess uric acid.
- Helps lower blood pressure: drinking horsetail infusions can help people suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure, as thanks to its medicinal properties, it helps lower blood pressure.
- Healing properties: this plant can also help you externally, you can use it on wounds, urticaria sores or burns, or to cut nosebleeds. Horsetail contains soothing properties that also help in this type of case.
- Reduces heavy menstruation and diarrhea: as well as externally, horsetail infusions can help reduce heavy menstruation or menstruation that lasts longer than it does naturally. They can also help with seasonal diarrhea.
- Cell regeneration: silica is one of the most important minerals our body needs to promote cell regeneration. Thanks to the abundance of silica, it is possible to keep collagen and our cellular tissues in perfect condition at all times. Horsetail contains a high silica content and is perfect for repairing damaged and dry skin and eliminating annoying youthful acne.
- Relieves mouth ulcers and canker sores: thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, horsetail infusions treat canker sores and mouth ulcers that form around the tongue and gums.
- Helps strengthen bone tissue: horsetail can be used to help repair bone tissue that may have been damaged by sport. It is a perfect ally for relieving symptoms caused by sprains, tendonitis, or tears.
Contraindications of horsetail
As you have seen, horsetail infusions contain very beneficial properties for our health. This plant is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that can help you improve your quality of life and your daily life. However, we must be careful with the number of horsetail infusions we consume daily, as drinking too much can cause damage to our organism.
According to experts, you should not drink more than 2 or 3 cups a day, and it is preferable to drink it between meals. Before taking horsetail infusions, it is important to be aware of the precautions to be taken into account:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Horsetail is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding. There is no evidence that it is a safe plant for infants.
- Low potassium levels: as a plant with diuretic properties, it is not recommended for people with low blood potassium (hypokalaemic). Horsetail may increase the elimination of potassium from the body through urine.
- Heart problems: it is also not appropriate to take these infusions if you suffer from heart problems, as it could alter your blood pressure.
- Vitamin B1 deficiency: Thiamine, also known as vitamin B1, is responsible for converting food into energy. It is therefore a very important element for the growth of our body’s cells. If you suffer from thiamine deficiency, horsetail could make it worse.
In any case, horsetail infusions are one of the most interesting natural food supplements to take care of your health. If you want to include this plant naturally in your diet, you can try G7 Siliplant Biodinamyzed a formula based on organic silica that contributes to the formation of collagen and helps eliminate toxins. It is made from natural ingredients including horsetail.
At Silicium we work to help you improve your health and well-being day after day. Thus, G7 Siliplant Biodinamizado is designed to offer you all the benefits of horsetail, eliminating its contraindications. In any case, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have about this or any of our products.