We tend to engage in activities away from digital devices, especially computers, which are a break for our eyes during the holidays. The problem comes when we return to our routine and spend up to 11 hours a day in front of screens. A sudden change can be very harmful if you don’t try to protect your eyes in advance.
Today we tell you…
- Why is it essential to protect your eyes from screens?
- Protect your eyes from external aggressions
- Don’t let your eyes get dehydrated
- Take care of your eye health
Why is it important to protect your eyes from screens?
Screens are the most common cause of eye fatigue. This disease can cause itching, itchiness, dryness, tearing, redness, blurred vision and photophobia.
In addition, excessive exposure to the blue light they give off can worsen myopia in young people and, in the long term, damage the retina and promote age-related macular degeneration.
All of this is aggravated to a greater or lesser extent depending on the condition of the eyes. That is why it is essential to look after them and keep them “in top shape”.
Protect your eyesight from external aggressions
Different factors lead to dry eyes and exacerbate eyestrain. Preventing them will save you more than one discomfort.
- Avoid draughts: they contribute to tear evaporation. Try not to point fans towards your face or drive with the windows wide open.
- Do not overuse air conditioning or heating. When you turn them on, place a humidifier in the room to avoid a dry environment.
- Stay away from atmospheres polluted by pollution, house dust, tobacco, and car smoke, etc.
- Wear sunglasses that are also wraparound to protect your eyes, especially when the wind is blowing hard, in places like the beach or the countryside.
Don’t let your eyes get dehydrated
Tears serve to preserve the cornea and cleanse the eye’s surface of microbes, irritants and other foreign particles. They are also responsible for moisturising and preventing dry eyes.
They are produced by the tear glands every time we weblink. Therefore, even if this is a mechanical movement, blink several times a day, especially if you are very exposed to the conditions of the previous point.
When your return to habitual electronic devices, you will also get used to doing this, as we tend to blink less in front of screens.
Take visual breaks
Whenever you are looking at a point close to you for a long time, look up every 20 minutes or close your eyes for a while.
It may surprise you but reading for hours without blinking is just as damaging to your eyesight.
Use moisturising drops
They mimic the composition of natural tears and are one of the safest and most effective ways to prevent dry eyes and maintain normal function.
Silicium G5 Vision is a complete and easy to apply formula composed of physiological serum, hyaluronic acid and organic silica. It’s great: it provides hydration, freshness and long-lasting relief from discomfort.
Be careful with contact lenses
If you wear contact lenses, you’ll know that they can cause irritation and dehydration of the surface of the eye.
First of all, consult a specialist to find out which contact lenses are best for you.
Second, wear them correctly:
- Please do not put them on as soon as you wake up.
- Please do not sleep or bathe with them.
- Please don’t wear them for too long.
- Please make sure they are intact and moisturised with the right products.
If you don’t already do so, it is highly recommended that you use drops. Try Silicium G5 Vision. You will love the relaxing effect it has.
Take care of your eye health
Did you know that different habits that make it easier to have healthy eyesight?
- Exercise your eyes: draw an eight with your eyes, blink hard, etc. It will increase your comfort and the quality of the tear film.
- Wash your eyelids with warm compresses and specific soaps, rinsing in-depth when you finish. This fact will remove excess bacteria and oil from the edges of your eyelids (near your eyelashes).
- Please do not rub your eyes repeatedly and intensely. It weakens your cornea.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamin A omega three fatty acids ess inflammation in the area.
- Take supplements such as G7 Vision, which provides more than 15 essential nutrients to improve eyesight and combat eye ageing.
- Have regular check-ups with your ophthalmologist.
By following all these measures, you will be able to protect your eyes and prepare them so that the return to the “digital” routine in front of the screens is not so harmful. Don’t neglect your eyes!