Did you know that water is responsible for transporting nutrients to the cells of your body? It also has another fundamental function, which is to remove waste or waste substances from those same cells. So, the water you drink leaves your body through urine and sweat with everything that your body doesn’t need.
This work is continuous, as the cells never stop working. That’s why it’s essential to stay hydrated. How can you do it? In this article we explain the importance of hydration and how you can keep hydrated beyond drinking water.
Why is it important to hydrate?
We are water. The liquid element represents 60% of the body weight of an adult man and up to 55% in the case of women. Muscles are 75% water, as is the brain. Blood and kidneys are 81% water, and even bones are 22% water.
As noted above, most of the water in the body is in the cells, the rest circulates in the space between cells and in the blood plasma. The balance between water intake and loss is controlled by mechanisms such as excretory pathways and stimulation of intake (thirst).
We need water to live. Without it, we would not survive for more than a few days. It is therefore an essential nutrient that we need to take in large quantities – at least compared to others, such as certain trace elements, of which we only need a few milligrams per day.
Benefits of proper hydration
Hydrating ourselves in the right way has multiple benefits for your body. Specifically:
- It allows the brain to function properly.
- It is involved in the transport of nutrients to the cells.
- In the digestive tract, water plays an important role in absorption.
- Supports heart function; in fact, dehydration reduces cardiac output.
- It is essential for the proper functioning of the kidneys.
- Water is a great thermoregulator.
- It keeps muscles and joints lubricated, which prevents injuries.
- Preserves skin elasticity, softness and colour, keeping it firm and luminous.
Broadly speaking, the benefits of hydration can be grouped around three main functions:
- It is through hydration that the body maintains optimal functioning. If we do not drink enough fluids and do not replenish the fluids we lose, our body cannot complete the most essential of its functions. The whole body needs to be lubricated and hydrated to function. In other words, the machine must be well oiled.
- Did you know that dehydration can affect our mood? If we don’t drink enough fluids we feel tired, irritable and in a bad mood. It is important to note that sometimes we think we are hungry, which puts us in a bad mood, but in reality what our body is asking for is hydration. Try it next time you’re hungry, have a glass of water and you’ll see the difference.
- The importance of hydration is also related to productivity. Hydration is essential for clear thinking. Dehydration, therefore, can affect what we do, our daily responsibilities and activities. That’s why it is essential to hydrate to perform at 100%.
Tips for maintaining proper hydration
- Have a glass of water when you wake up. Make it the first thing you do.
- It is better to drink small sips of water spread throughout the day than just a few big gulps at a time. You can carry a bottle with you so you remember to take sips.
- Did you know that liquids are better absorbed when they are cold? Keep a jug of fresh water in the fridge at all times.
- At work, or anywhere else, when you pass by the oasis or other water source, take advantage of it and have a drink.
- Look at the concentration of your urine – if it’s too dark, it’s a sign that you need more fluids.
- Increase your water intake if you are taking medication or suffer from allergies, as it is essential for processing and absorption of the medication.
- Drink more water before exercise, at least half an hour before. You should also drink during sport, in small sips, and after training to recover lost fluids and mineral salts.
- It is essential to drink water before you feel thirsty. Feeling thirsty is already a sign of dehydration.
How to supplement your diet to stay hydrated?
In addition to drinking water and water-rich foods, you can nourish your body to keep you hydrated inside and out.
There are also hydration supplements on the market, which are simply additives to be added to water, full of minerals. They usually contain sodium, calcium, magnesium and zinc to boost the muscles during training and replace the minerals lost during sport.
All this can also be achieved with an organic silica supplement such as Orgono Articomplex. We also recommend other supplements that can improve your hydration level – take note!
- Orgono Articomplex. It is a multimineral complex specifically designed to compensate for the loss of essential minerals, trace elements that are essential to prevent injuries such as silica, magnesium, zinc, etc.
- G7 Beauty. A food supplement based on organic silica and enriched with vitamin E and selenium. The ideal formula for healthy skin, hair and nails. This formula is a powerful antioxidant, and you can boost it with an adequate intake of fluids.
- Living Silica Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides. This supplement can help you drink more water, as you need to dilute it in water – or juice – to ingest it. Collagen molecules are also great allies when it comes to improving tissue firmness and hydration.
Now that you know the importance of hydration, don’t neglect your fluid intake. As you can see, there are many ways to stay hydrated. Adopt the ones you like best and improve your well-being through proper hydration. In case you haven’t done so while reading this article: take a sip of water!
There are no comments yet
Leave a comment