While many people immediately think of antihistamine medications, there are natural allergy remedies that can help you manage your symptoms.
In this article, we explain how allergies manifest themselves and how silica and other natural remedies can help you to cope better with annoying allergy symptoms. Plus, we tell you how you can benefit from tuning up your immune system before the allergy-prone times of year. Let’s go for it!
What is allergy and how can it affect you?
Allergy is an intense reaction that is triggered in the immune system when we are exposed to certain stimuli – allergenic agents, which are not toxic to everyone, but can adversely affect certain individuals.
Some of the most common allergens are pollen, dust mites or moulds. When these substances come into contact with an allergy sufferer, the body reacts by producing histamine. Hence, antihistamines are prescribed to combat allergies.
Types of allergy
We can differentiate between two types of allergies:
- Those affecting the skin. Overreactions of the immune system can have visible effects on the skin in the form of a rash. In addition, the affected area may also itch and burn. In the case of more severe reactions, swelling or raised rashes may occur.
- Those affecting the respiratory tract. In this case, rhinitis is the most common symptom of this type of allergy. One example is pollen allergy, which causes inflammation of the mucous membrane. This inflammation causes an annoying runny nose and sneezing.
Natural allergy remedies
There are some natural allergy remedies that we can call natural antihistamines. These are remedies that we can use to combat the symptoms of allergies.
The secret is to look for remedies that include the active ingredients that help to alleviate allergy symptoms. For example, omega-3, vitamin C, magnesium or kerecetin. Natural allergy remedies also tend to have low concentrations of these active ingredients, so they are safe and can be taken on a daily basis.
Some of the most effective natural allergy remedies are:
- Green tea. Two antioxidant substances – catechins and quercetin – reduce the production of histamine. It is best to start drinking green tea before allergies set in. No more than three cups a day are recommended.
- Echinacea. Echinacea naturally supports your defences, so it strengthens your immune system. It works very well as a booster against colds and flu in autumn and winter.
- Vitamin C. It also helps to strengthen the immune system. Remember that vitamin C is not only found in citrus fruits. You can find vitamin C in red peppers, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes… as well as kiwi, orange, lemon, strawberries, watermelon, melon and mango.
- Apple cider vinegar. It has anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antiviral and antihistamine properties, so it can be used to relieve the symptoms of colds and allergic rhinitis, as well as itchy skin. The problem with this natural allergy remedy is that it is not very pleasant to take, so we recommend incorporating it into some recipes such as salads or taking it in more appetising forms such as jelly beans or dragees.
- Epsom salts for allergy skin relief. Bathing with magnesium-rich Epsom salts can relieve itching caused by allergy or other skin conditions.
There are many options when it comes to natural allergy remedies, however, as we will see below, the ideal is to prepare the body with natural supplements that minimise the effect of allergens on the body.
Supplements acting as natural allergy remedies
One of the most efficient ways to act against allergies is to prepare the body for times when allergy cases are more common. For example, during winter – to prepare for spring – it is a good idea to supplement your diet with products like these:
- G7 Defender. It contains 17 natural adaptogenic active ingredients related to defences. It helps boost your defences and immune system, promotes your body’s natural ability to respond to external aggressions, gives you energy and vitality and delays ageing.
- Orgono Articomplex, which contains vitamin C, silica, zinc, magnesium and MSM, ingredients that boost the immune system, help to reduce tiredness and fatigue and care for joints, bones and cartilage.
- G7 Vision, with 15 of the most effective nutrients for eyesight, including astaxanthin, lutein and beta-carotene. But it also contains vitamin C, zinc and selenium. In total, 18 nutrients help protect your eyes against external aggressions.
- G7 Activ+, with vitamin C and magnesium. These capsules, designed to nourish and strengthen bone and joint tissue, promote collagen production. In addition, thanks to silica, it also helps detoxify your body by eliminating aluminium.
As you can see, there are many options when it comes to preparing for allergy season. Boost your immune system with natural allergy remedies and let nothing stop you!
There are no comments yet
Leave a comment