During pregnancy, the body undergoes numerous changes of all kinds. This is normal and natural. But we can reduce the effects they produce thanks to certain sessions, treatments, and beneficial and harmless products. In other words, they do not affect the baby we are carrying. Rosehip for pregnant women is a very good example.
This plant has a special healing, regenerating, and moisturizing power, as we explain below. We reveal why it is so good, especially for pregnant women, as well as how you should apply it to make the most of its excellent properties.
It is a wild shrub with pink and white flowers on its stems. Native to Patagonia and countries such as Peru and Chile, it is also found in other regions of Eastern Europe. Rosehips grow oval-shaped fruits or rose hips, which contain seeds. An oil with multiple benefits can be obtained from these seeds, in particular for cosmetic and dermatological products.
Thanks to the substances and nutrients it contains, rosehip is very important for pregnant women both before and after childbirth. All these benefits it provides:
- Reduces skin discolouration and helps blemishes to fade.
- It stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid, which helps to keep the skin firm, hydrated and elastic, thanks to vitamins A, E, C, B1 and B2.
- With its high concentration of essential fatty acids, it accelerates tissue regeneration. This is necessary to get rid of stretch marks and other scars that often appear after surgery. In the case of a caesarean section or episiotomy, for example.
- Rosehip for pregnant women also promotes blood circulation, because it regulates the microvascularisation rate.
- Contributes to reducing the appearance of cellulite, due to vitamin C and other nutrients with regenerative power of skin cells.
- It boosts collagen production, which also reduces surface wrinkles and prevents stretch marks from forming.
- Finally, it improves the condition of hair, which can become drier and greasier with pregnancy.
In general, rosehip oil for pregnant women can be applied to any part of the body. But it is best to do so after a shower with lukewarm water. This is because the skin will be clean and free of impurities. It is also best to use it before going to bed.
We recommend pouring several drops of oil and massaging the area to be treated for a few minutes, using circular movements. It is also sold in cream format and is applied in the same way. We recommend the Silicium cream, because it also contains organic silicon, lavender oil and beeswax. It nourishes, soothes and moisturises the skin.
As for the best time to use a rosehip product for pregnant women, it depends on what you are looking for:
Before giving birth, it is useful in the last weeks of pregnancy to avoid certain problems during delivery. We are talking about possible tears, as the perineal area may be overstressed when the baby has to come out. So we advise you to massage around it, but without touching the sensitive parts. This helps to provide more elasticity and flexibility. Two important aspects when it comes to dilation .
Both before and after the birth of your child, you can prevent stretch marks by massaging the product into the areas where they usually appear: the chest, buttocks and belly. Your skin will gain in hydration and depth, which is beneficial because it will stretch more as your baby grows.
In short, this is how rosehip helps pregnant women, thanks to its properties rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Follow the tips we have given you here to use it and try to get the maximum healing, regenerative and moisturising power out of it. Taking care of your skin is important during pregnancy and after childbirth. Reduce the effects it has on your body.