Sallow skin is a puzzle for people with this type of complexion: characterized by a pale, dull and sometimes greyish or yellowish appearance, it can have a variety of causes.
Thus, it is not only an aesthetic problem, but can also be a reflection of the patient’s general health problems.
All skincare experts agree on the importance of firstly knowing the characteristics of one’s skin and then choosing the right treatment to maximize its potential.
That’s why today we want to share the main keys to caring for sallow skin and some of the most powerful remedies for its care, including the use of particularly potent natural ingredients such as organic silica.
Sallow skin is characterized by a dull, yellowish appearance. This type of skin does not glow or look elastic, and looks especially pale, particularly when compared to other areas of the skin.
Causes of sallow skin include:
- Glycosylation. This process is caused by the passage of time and ageing (as well as exposure to the sun), and causes chains of sugar molecules to adhere to the skin’s proteins, generating the yellowish tone that characterises sallow skin. It is of particular significance for lighter skins.
– Anaemia. This condition means that the blood produces fewer healthy red blood cells than it should. That is, the body is not producing enough oxygen-rich blood. This results in a number of health effects, including excessive tiredness. In terms of the skin, it can lead to the appearance of sallow skin.
– Vitamin deficiency. Another cause of sallow skin is a lack of these nutrients, resulting in red blood cells that are oversized and do not perform their typical functions, such as oxygen transport. Thus, vitamin deficiency often results in fatigue, dizziness or shortness of breath and, in the case of the skin, the appearance of dry, yellowish or sallow skin. The mechanism to act as a counterbalance in this case will be the use of vitamin supplements vitamin C and vitamin D.
– Dehydration. Dehydration of the skin means that the skin looks less dazzling and is generally of limited health and well-being. Other effects caused by dehydration (e.g. the appearance of tightness or flaking) include sallow skin.
Having a proper skin care routine is essential to greatly improve the appearance and overall health of the skin.
Thus, recommended care includes:
- In the morning, cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin.
- Add SPF creams to limit the effect of the sun’s rays on the skin.
- It is possible to include vitamin C serums to provide a balance in case of vitamin C deficiency.
- The routine to combat sallow skin should also include the use of organic silica. The morning moisturiser could include Silicium Rosehip Silicium cream; in the evening, it would be complemented with Silicium Serum and Elixir.
- In the evening, the routine of cleanser, toner and moisturiser is repeated.
Regarding the type of products to choose, it is also important to consider what type of skin you have: whether it is oily, dry or combination. For example, in the case of oily sallow skin, it is recommended to pay special attention to moisturising products, trying to ensure that they do not include oil.
Beyond the care described above, paying attention to the skin also involves looking inwards. This includes taking in water, nutrients and vitamins through a proper diet to ensure that the body in general and the skin in particular receive the care they require.
Organic silica is an essential trace element for human health and has a multitude of health benefits: from aesthetic effects to improved oxygenation and stress levels.
When applied to the skin, it is particularly potent in its effect against ageing, cellulite and stretch marks, as well as combating sagging skin and scalp problems (such as hair loss).
Finally, for sallow skin, it is an essential nutrient for age-related damage, as it boosts the production of repairing collagen and develops basic molecules such as elastin.
As for the silica product chosen to combat sallow skin, it will be key to choose products with an organic guarantee, in soluble and assimilable food supplement format. This is the case with powerful options such as Silicium G5, now improved and renamed Silicium G7 Biodynamic, formulated and endorsed by the scientific studies of Dr Loïc Le Ribault.