Winter is coming, and you don’t know how to strengthen your defences naturally? The daylight hours are falling. The cold is getting harder, and colds are becoming more and more common. Do you catch a cold after cold? Do you feel you can’t protect yourself from viruses? If you want to improve your immune health, you may be wondering how you can help your body fight off these illnesses.
How does our immune system work?
The immune system is made up of specialised cells that secrete a range of substances designed to defend the body. When the body detects antigens, some of these cells, the lymphocytes, make antibodies to neutralise and destroy them. Immunity can be of two types:
- Innate, which you have at birth and depends on your genes.
- Adaptive, which develops as you are exposed to the disease.
If you want to boost your immune system naturally, making some changes to your diet and lifestyle will help you to increase your body’s natural defences. You’ll stay more vital and fight off pathogens more effectively.
Ailments, colds and a bad mood in winter
The winter season is characterised by cold, wind, dampness, the need for shelter, fewer hours of sunlight, and, let’s face it, less social life. It is therefore not surprising that you feel a little weak in the face of the changes, that your skin is dry and that you wonder how to strengthen your defences naturally, especially if you are faced with the following conditions:
- Colds, which cause annoying sneezing and congested nose and eyes.
- Flu is a prevalent pathology in winter, which causes muscular pain, headache and fatigue.
- People with asthma may experience more intense and frequent attacks than at other times of the year.
- Weather conditions may exacerbate certain skin conditions. These include acne, atopic dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Joint pain increases with cold weather and may be due to rheumatic diseases or joint problems.
- The so-called winter blues are due to circadian rhythm disturbances caused by fewer daylight hours. You have little energy and lose interest in your usual activities.
Healthy living to keep your immune system in shape
In winter, we need to take care of ourselves more than ever. Do you identify with any of the above points? If so, you will be interested in a healthy lifestyle, especially for children and the elderly. These recommendations are essential if you are concerned about how to strengthen your defences naturally:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Take a defence-boosting supplement with natural ingredients and proven effectiveness.
- Exercise moderately at least three times a week.
- Get enough sleep to wake up rested.
- Relax by practising yoga or meditation.
- Stay hydrated, as air-conditioned or heated environments dry out the skin and mucous membranes.
Natural remedies to boost the immune system
Coenzyme Q10, propolis and echinacea provide extra defence. There are also natural immune-boosting supplements that can boost your immune system.
Involved in generating energy from food, it is an antioxidant and boosts the immune system. Its sources are red meat and nuts.
Propolis is a product made by bees that fights micro-organisms. You can prepare an infusion with ten drops of tincture.
This plant has an immunomodulatory capacity, which reduces the intensity and duration of cold symptoms. In addition, the infusion helps you fight fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
If, on the other hand, you are not a fan of herbal teas and teas, don’t worry, because as we said, there is another solution for you!
G7 Defender, a food supplement for defences
It’s the answer you’ve been looking for on how to strengthen your defences naturally. This defence booster from Silicium Laboratories contains a highly concentrated formula. Each capsule of G7 Defender contains no less than 17 of the best natural adaptogens. These are active ingredients that stimulate homeostasis and the body’s ability to respond and adapt.
Benefits of G7 Defender
Coenzyme Q10, propolis and echinacea are among the main elements of this defence-boosting food supplement. It also includes 15 other ingredients, including shiitake, reishi and maitake, three medicinal mushrooms known to boost the immune system.
Two capsules a day, taken in the morning, will provide you with the following benefits confirmed by clinical studies:
- Boosts the action of organic defences and supports your immune system.
- Boosts the body’s natural ability to respond to external aggressions.
- Boosts vitality and energy.
- It slows down the ageing process.
If you were wondering how to strengthen your defences naturally, you now have several exciting answers to choose from. And not just in winter, all year round! Your body will thank you for these recommendations.