The benefits of organic silica for health and wellbeing
When one hears about the benefits of organic silica, one is often surprised, as it is an essential trace element for our health. It is involved in collagen and elastin, thus contributing to the perfect functioning of the connective tissue that supports and protects other tissues and organs.
In this way, organic silica is a fundamental part of our organism, being present in bones, teeth, tendons, cartilage, muscles, nails, hair and blood vessels. Read on, and you’ll be amazed!
Today we tell you:
The benefits of organic silica against ageing
The benefits of organic silica for sportsmen and women
The anti-ageing benefits of organic silica
Keeps skin young, hair alive, and nails healthy
We know what it takes to get older. The skin loses firmness, becomes thinner, less elastic and drier. Wrinkles, spots and sagging appear. Our hair loses its shine, and our nails become more brittle. All this is because the body produces less collagen and elastin, just what organic silica stimulates!
So, it can delay and protect the skin, hair and nails against all those typical signs of ageing:
- It improves skin radiance.
- It prevents wrinkles and flaccidity by conferring elasticity and resistance.
- It gives vitality to hair and reduces greasiness.
- It prevents hair loss.
- It protects against brittle nails.
- It reduces varicose veins and spider veins.
- Firms and fights cellulite and stretch marks.
- It intensely moisturises.
- It accelerates the healing and scarring of wounds, burns, sores and bites.
Improve the health of your bones, muscles and joints
Over the years, we lose bone density, the cartilage in joints and elasticity in tendons and ligaments. Also, muscle mass decreases. This accelerates the onset of osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and other joint and muscle complaints.
Organic silicon stimulates the formation of bone and collagen, which is why it has been shown to be effective:
- Preventing and protecting against osteoporosis.
- Accelerating the healing of bone fractures.
- Maintaining joint flexibility and slowing the deterioration of cartilage.
- Promoting muscle and tendon recovery.
Protect your cardiovascular health
The heart and blood vessels also become stiffer with age. This translates into an increased risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks. Again, the collagen-forming capacity of organic silica is key and explains its association with improved heart health:
- It prevents atherosclerosis, the cause of heart attacks, by strengthening the elasticity of the arteries.
- It reduces tachycardia and arrhythmia.
- It has a possible antihypertensive effect.
It has also been shown to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It promoted lower blood sugar and increased insulin sensitivity, thus combating diabetes.
Preserves the health of the nervous system
As time goes by, our neurons shrink, increasing the likelihood of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. The benefits of organic silica as a neuroprotectant have been demonstrated on more than one occasion, as in this study, an increased daily intake of 10mg was found to reduce the risk of dementia significantly. This property is mainly associated with reduced levels of aluminium in the brain.
There is more…
The anti-ageing effects of organic silica go even further:
- It strengthens teeth.
- It stimulates the immune response.
- It soothes pain and reduces joint inflammation, also protecting against rheumatoid diseases.
- It prevents vitamin D deficiency by participating in its synthesis.
- It improves liver health through its antioxidant, anti-apoptotic and cholesterol and triglyceride-lowering effects.
The benefits of organic silica for the athlete
As you may have already guessed, the characteristics of this compound make it very interesting for any athlete:
- It increases joint elasticity.
- It combats tired legs, providing relief and decongestion.
- It helps to reduce fluid accumulation and improve muscle overload.
- It helps to relax and oxygenate muscles and joints after intense exercise.
All these properties only confirm what I mentioned at the beginning: silica is essential for our health. Given that it diminishes over the years, especially after 35-40, it is necessary to ensure a correct supply through diet and supplementation.
At Silicium, we are experts in the latter, as we have been working on silica formulas since 2003. Therefore, we cannot fail to recommend products such as Silicium G5 or Silicium G7, with which you will obtain all the benefits of organic silica.
Never stop taking care of yourself!