Do you have wrinkles on your neck? How to get rid of them and prevent the appearance of new ones depends on your decisions. To help you make the right choices, in the following lines we analyse the causes of their appearance, ways to get rid of them and tips on how to make the appearance of the skin on your neck look younger.
From the age of 25 onwards, the signs of the skin’s ageing process become evident. This involves the appearance of expression lines and wrinkles, the loss of homogeneity in tone, the appearance of spots, sagging and drooping of the tissues and lack of luminosity.
There are some areas where the deterioration is more evident (such as the neck, hands and face), as these are the parts most exposed to the sun and not always with adequate protection.
When noticing the appearance of wrinkles on the neck, it is worth finding out the causes behind this sign of ageing. Some of the most relevant are:
- The passage of time and the law of gravity. By remaining in an upright position, the tissues that form the skin gradually fall under their own weight, affected by the force of gravity. Although the process takes time and a matter of years, the result of this progressive transformation eventually becomes evident.
- Sun exposure. We tend to neglect the neck area too often when applying sunscreen. This is a mistake, as the skin in this area is just as delicate as the skin on the face.
- Genetics and hormonal fluctuations. These factors can also influence the production of collagen and elastin throughout the body, including the neck. Together, these factors can cause the texture of the neck to alter and lines, wrinkles and sagging to begin to appear.
- Toxic habits. Alcohol consumption, smoking and a sedentary lifestyle are harmful to the skin and are behind the appearance of wrinkles on the neck. How to eliminate them effectively will depend on your willpower to leave these routines behind. Similarly, it is important to introduce habits such as cleansing and removing make-up before going to bed, using sunscreen, using products based on natural ingredients (without chemicals) for care and hygiene and avoiding very hot water in the area. Replacing toxic habits that age and damage your skin with conscious, healthy habits will help you look younger.
- Diet. If your plate lacks vegetables and fruit on a daily basis, and you overindulge in sugars, fats, salt and processed foods, you are laying the foundations for an ageing-looking neck. Vitamin A, vitamin E and C, polyphenols or vitamin B are, along with selenium and silica, some of the natural components of a balanced diet, the only one that can ensure you maintain radiant skin for longer by helping you fight free radicals and inflammation.
Whether you are concerned about preventing the formation of lines in this area, or you are looking for a solution to get rid of wrinkles in the neck, it is possible to eliminate them and prevent new ones from appearing, if you follow these steps:
- Massage. The application of care products should focus on moisturising and nourishing the area. With cleansed skin, and having chosen natural compositions, the application should be carried out as a routine by massaging in an upward direction, combined with circular movements, in a gentle but firm manner, following the direction from the centre of the neck towards the sides.
- Exercise. On the internet you can find different exercise tables, either to achieve the right posture or focused on the area, which help to tighten the muscles and develop them. This lifts the skin and helps to maintain its suppleness. Similarly, it is advisable to apply facial yoga techniques, as their beneficial effects extend to the neck and décolleté area.
- Diet and natural cosmetics. The choice of natural products is, in both cases, the best choice, as it is the only one that guarantees that the body receives the necessary nutrients and antioxidants that benefit it most. The consumption of processed and ultra-processed products in the diet and the choice of care or hygiene products that contain chemicals only contributes to a decrease in health, and this is also reflected in our appearance.
If you have wrinkles on your neck and want to know how to get rid of them naturally, add more fruit, vegetables and nuts to your diet and boost the repairing power of your skincare routines with Silicium Rosehip or Silicium G5 Gel, which provide extra hydration and elasticity, leaving your skin smoother and more radiant.
If you want to rejuvenate this area, you need to start by choosing care products, always with natural ingredients, not only for the face, neck and décolleté, but for the whole body. Remember that the body is nourished by food, but also topically, so to boost the positive effects on the skin of your chosen hygiene and care products, you should add silica supplements to your diet because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.